We are compiling a list of resources for farmers who are working through challenges brought about by COVID-19. This list is constantly updated, so please check back frequently.
- Local Farmers Markets Do Their Part to Flatten the Curve on Coronavirus, Debbie Roos, NC Cooperative Extension
- COVID-19 Resources For Food and Farms from NC State Extension
- COVID-19 Resources, NC State Extension
- North Carolina Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services: Notice of essential food and agriculture employee form
- Meat for Everyone Network, Meredith Leigh (NC Specific Networking Tool)
- Extension COVID-19 Resources Portal NC State Extension
- A Guide for Local Producers to Navigate the COVID-19 Outbreak, Purdue University
- How To Ensure Access to Local Meat During COVID-19 and Beyond, Meredith Leigh
- COVID-19 Farm Resources, Center for Dairy Excellence
- COVID-19 Guidelines for Farmers, Pennsylvania Association of Sustainable Agriculture (PASA
- COVID-19 – Questions-réponses pour les clientèles du MAPAQ, Ministère de l’Agriculture, des Pêcheries et de l’Alimentation du Québec (MAPAQ)
- Rural Advancement Foundation International (RAFI) Response to COVID-19 including emergency mini grants for NC farmers who have lost income as a result of COVID-19 and need assistance with household expenses.
- Farmland Relief Fund for any farms needing assistance
- COVID-19 for all Canadian Agriculture
- Oregon Tilth webinar “COVID-19 Planning for Direct Market Farmers: Online Sales Platforms”
- Building Farm Resilience During COVID-19, Cornell Small Farms Program
- Food System Resilience in a Time of Crisis: Considerations and Resources for the Community, Southern Sustainable Agriculture Working Group
- Barn2Door “Attract Local Customers” Free download to support farmers impacted by COVID-19
Full-Service, Shipping, Online Sales Platforms
- GrazeU: The Perishable Shipping Launchpad, 60 day free pass
- Barn 2 Door
- MeatSuite website used to find locally produced, high quality meats in bulk.
- Grazecart A website and online shopping cart built by farmers for farmers.
Social Media Marketing
Taking payment (online, in-person)
DIY Online Storefront and E-Commerce
- Shipping Materials: There are many providers, here are a few (feel free to send recommendations): Uline, Tempac, UPS