Have you ever wanted to know exactly how your food is produced? You’re in the right place.
A Greener World (AGW) promotes practical, sustainable solutions in agriculture by supporting farmers and educating consumers. We believe the way we farm, the nutritional quality of the meat, milk and eggs produced—and the impact of farming systems on wildlife, the environment and wider society—are all connected.
Your support of A Greener World allows us to:
- Certify and Support Independent Farms
- Promote Animal Welfare and Sustainability
- Educate Consumers on Greener Food Choices
Empowering Sustainable Solutions in Agriculture
With so much negativity around food and farming today, A Greener World serves as a beacon of positive change. We exist to promote and support real-life farming models to the public and offer practical guidance on achieving truly sustainable livestock farming systems to farmers and ranchers.
Established in 2014, our evolving mission has four key components:
- To identify and promote agricultural systems that have a positive impact on the environment, society and animals (wild and farmed)
- To educate consumers about the environmental, social and animal outcomes of their food purchasing decisions
- To establish and promote trusted farm certification programs that help reconnect the consumer and food producer by encouraging—and rewarding—positive farm management changes
- To support independent farmers who are committed to sustainable livestock production
Our goal is to offer a ‘one-stop shop’ for anyone interested in food, farming and sustainability, providing simple solutions based on your own personal concerns. We’re extremely proud of our reputation among consumer groups, farmers and the wider food industry as a pragmatic, farming-based organization driven by practical science and common sense.
Helping You To Take Action
Choosing products with real sustainability credentials is one of the most important and yet easiest everyday activities you can take to address a range of important issues–from improving your personal health to tackling climate change!
Our portfolio of leading farm certifications includes Certified Animal Welfare Approved by AGW, Certified Grassfed by AGW, Certified Non-GMO by AGW, Certified Regenerative by AGW and Certified Organic by AGW. Each program is specifically designed to have positive and measurable impacts on the environment, society and animals, and to encourage truly sustainable farming practices. Developed with scientists, veterinarians, experts and farmers from across the globe, our farm standards and certification procedures are reassuringly robust and totally transparent, while remaining realistic and achievable for the farmer.
Annual Report and Form 990
A Greener World: 2022 in highlights the major activities of AGW, its programs and staff over the last year, as well as the key successes of more working with over 6,000 farmers, managing more than 3 million acres, we offer certifications in 10 countries across the world. Find out more about what we do below or download the pdf here.