Like most people, you probably care about the planet and are looking for ways to…
Every year on Earth Day we receive emails and encouragement from organizations and businesses to make changes in our daily habits to positively impact the planet. And many of us are (and have been) taking that guidance to heart: We reduce, reuse and recycle. We walk or ride bikes instead of driving, and avoid air travel when possible. We bring our tote bags to the grocery store, and most of the time even remember to use our reusable mugs. All of these things are done with good intentions, and we absolutely should continue doing them, but to put it simply – it’s time we step up our game.
This Earth Day, we’re encouraging you to keep taking important steps like those mentioned above, but also to add in MORE earth-friendly habits that can make an even bigger impact. We know you want to help, because the stakes are so high (the future of our planet depends on it), so we’ve listed some ideas for you to take your impact to the next level.
How to build A Greener World on Earth Day (and all days):
- Become an AGW-certified Farmer—or recruit one! If you’re a farmer or company interested in AGW certifications, we welcome you to become a part of our growing family of certified farmers. We’d love to talk with you about our programs! Get in touch and learn more about our free services for certified farmers, like marketing, labeling and technical support. If you’re a customer interested in getting your favorite foods certified, Suggest-A-Farm here!
- Be an AGW Member! As a non-profit funded by donations, we can only do the work that we do with your generous support! We invite you to become a member or consider making a one-time donation to help us continue this important work in building A Greener World. Your contribution will help us promote farming systems that have a beneficial impact on society, animals and the planet. Membership fees and donations go directly towards AGW’s free services that support certified farmers and those transitioning to sustainable practices.
- Be an AGW farm customer! Check out our online vendor directory and buy certified products as often as possible. Review what’s available to you locally or regionally (we have online shopping options too!) and find certified products to incorporate into your routine, whether it’s your weekly meat, dairy or egg purchases. Compare your choices and choose the label that is the best option for our planet, the animals and your health. Learn the real deal on what food labels mean – and don’t mean, and make a plan to purchase products that truly match your values.
- Tell a Friend about AGW! Talk with your friends and community about AGW’s family of certifications and certified products. And not just once a year on Earth Day, but every chance you get! Invite your friends over for a meal showcasing sustainable food and start a conversation with your guests about why it matters. Share resources so others can learn more. Take the conversation online by using #AGreenerWorld on social media. Speak up and be vocal about the things you care about.
- Volunteer to help us grow A Greener World! Become a volunteer and lead the way. Be an example of the change you wish to see in your community and beyond. Join our team of volunteers to help empower farmers and consumers with real choices, and let’s all work together to build A Greener World.
We’re all in this together and our collective actions will determine our future. Join us this Earth Day and take MORE action to build a better food system—and A Greener World. How will you do more today, and every day? Share your plan with us on how you’ll create A Greener World and encourage others to do the same!