Coccidiosis affects nearly all farmed species and can be particularly devastating for young animals. The…
The holiday giving season is almost here. With so many different charities asking for donations, why should I give to AGW?
We understand that you may feel bombarded or overwhelmed by nonprofits competing for your donations at this time of year. We also understand that you don’t have to give. But we hope you will consider giving to AGW – and here’s a few reasons why.
- We operate on a nonprofit basis and are reliant solely on donations like yours. Unlike almost all other farm certifications, we do not charge farmers or ranchers a penny to join the core AWA program. Because we are not dependent on certification fees, we can remain completely impartial in our auditing, resulting in the unrivaled integrity and trust of the AWA logo among today’s conscientious consumers.
- Our farm certification programs—including Animal Welfare Approved (AWA), Certified Grassfed by AGW and Certified Non-GMO by AGW—are the ‘gold standard’ for supply chain verification, and are the only certifications of their kind in North America audited to ISO 17065 International Accreditation, demonstrating excellence in auditing and certifying. We follow the strictest protocols, offering the highest levels of transparency and trust. But don’t just take our word for it: Consumer Reports acknowledges AWA as the only “highly meaningful” label for farm animal welfare, outdoor access and sustainability. Our integrity allows consumers to purchase with confidence.
- Unlike other organizations in the food/agriculture sector, we don’t just talk the talk: AGW is the only not-for-profit operating in food and farming with ‘boots on the ground,’ offering real, working alternatives and practical and achievable solutions to industrial farming. We are proud to work with well over 1,500 farmers and ranchers who manage more than 3 million acres across 43 U.S. states and five Canadian provinces, all who are achieving positive and measurable impacts on the environment, society and animals each and every day.
- Beyond certification, we offer technical and marketing support to our farmers and ranchers—all absolutely free! Our farmers and ranchers can take advantage of a range of technical support, including Technical Advice Factsheets and ongoing consultation, to help farmers and ranchers meet our standards. We also offer a variety of free marketing materials—from a free labeling design service to high quality metal signs, food labels, banners and point-of-sale brochures. We work with every single farmer and rancher who joins us to write and send out a dedicated press release to help promote their businesses to local customers—and much, much more!
- As a growing organization with very limited resources, your donation—whatever the amount—will make a real difference and enable us to support farmers and ranchers in the transition to more sustainable food and farming systems, and when combined with others, every donation becomes part of something much, much bigger.
- Your donation will be 100% tax deductible.
- Can’t donate financially? You can still help us make a difference by spreading the word about AGW and our programs. Ask a friend to like us on Facebook or sign up for email. Look out for AGW products this holiday season, or search our online directory for your nearest supplier.
Aggie and the AGW Team
Dear Aggie is an opportunity to ask farming and food questions. Have a question? Click on the mail icon on the right side, or email DearAggie@agreenerworld.org and submit your question to Dear Aggie!